Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One of Those Special Moments with Kermit

Tonight as I was putting the kids to bed, I helped the girls with their prayers and then went into Kermit's room. After his prayers, I laid down next to Kermit. He likes our night time talks and loves to tell me his favorite part of the day (tonight was going to get ice cream and watching Full House). Tonight he told me that I was so beautiful, as beautiful as the pretty pink flower trees outside. Talk about making a mom happy! I told him I was glad he was my son, he told me he was glad I was his mom (this is a pretty normal routine we share). Then I told him that he fixed my broken heart. I had to copy this conversation down, because he is so cute! (sorry for 2 posts in one day, but I couldn't pass this up or I'd forget!)

Mama: When Angel Baby died my heart broke in a million pieces and I was so very sad. But when MJ (Our birthmom) told us that she wanted Master Chief and I to be your parents I was so very happy. Then when you were born and I held you in my arms, you fixed my heart so it wasn't broken anymore.

Kermit: So I'm like duct tape!

Then he grabbed me and pulled me close, planted a kiss on my lips and said,

Kermit: We're stuck together forever! Or maybe I'm glue, we'd stick then! Or maybe you have nails in your heart that I hammered in there.

After tons of hugs and kisses I finally pulled myself away so he could sleep. Once again, I'm so very thankful for my sweet son and so grateful to our birthmom MJ. Kermit has been one of the biggest things to ever heal my heart. I love to look at life through his eyes, a million miles a minute, but so simply and fun. I love you, Kermit.

7 comments:

:) said...

Love this Jami, beautiful.

Natalie said...

And doesn't duck tape just fix everthing? What a precious moment.

Nicole & Ammon said...

That is so sweet!!

ergillmore said...

He is wise beyond his years!

Gina Sims said...

What a wonderful moment, thanks for sharing & making me cry!

Mom of three ♥ said...

That is just so precious and cute!

penguin0802 said...

You definitely made me cry. Kermit is so wise for his age of 5. I can't wait to see what else he learns as he grows older.. Thanks for documenting all of the kids daily lives. I definitely need to work on my blog better, at updating those who live far away. I do some posts here and there, but pictures are always better.