Friday, April 17, 2009

Baby shower and 34 week update!

Wow, we first of all want to thank everyone for their generosity. This last week I had my baby shower and I was overwhelmed with all the gorgeous clothes, diapers, wipes and baby items. Seriously, thank you to all of our friends. I could hardly fit it all on my couch! Hidden underneath it all is an adorable bouncy seat from my sister in laws and mother in law!

Also I went to the dr yesterday and all is well! My blood pressure is climbing, but we kind of expected that to happen. I'm now measuring a little small! But baby's head is down and engaged, so that may be why. We are doing another ultrasound next Thursday just to check her growth. We are taking Kermit and Miss Piggy along so they can see their little sister again for this appointment. While the dr was measuring me, she commented a couple of times about how big my baby's head was. YIKES! Good thing I'm having a c-section! And somehow I've lost 4lbs. I'm now right back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm not sure how that happened, especially with all the yummy food at my shower last week! So I'm just taking it easy and eating ice cream now! Wait... that's what I was doing before... guess that means I can have more ice cream!

So all things are good! All things are actually great! Thank you to all of you for your love, support and prayers.

7 comments:

Flutterbug said...

Wow! I'm glad you are both doing so well. I'm so happy!!

Deters said...

I can't believe you have not gained anything during pregnancy. I wish I could say that.
How great that you got to have such a neat baby shower. And you now have diapers to last you at least a whole week. ;)

Jenni said...

lol--well, if anyone deserves to give birth weighing less than they started it'd you, sweetie!

Gina Sims said...

I am so that everything is going so well, you are always in my prayers for that little cutie to wait at least a couple more week! Sounds like you better eat a ton of ice cream, eat some yummy stuff for me too won't ya! Love you lady!

Nicole & Ammon said...

I can't believe you haven't gained anything..how did that happen? You are lucky to get a baby shower and all those great gifts. I don't know anyone out here so no baby shower for me. Glad to hear that everything is going great!

Taffi said...

I should post the pic of you posing by the cake w/your mouth open... it's awfully cute. ;-) Glad you enjoyed the shower!

Katy said...

I'm so sorry I missed your shower. Jonathon was out of town. I do have a gift for you, though. I'll get it to you soon! I'm so glad you're making it so far!! YAY!!