Thursday, April 30, 2009

A baby update! What else!??! Okay, a trip to L&D thrown in...

Alright friends, we are still pregnant! This is fantastic news!!! However what would my pregnancy be like without a little excitement? I went in today for my appt, I gained 6lbs in one week. Normally I gain maybe a pound or loose a few. Plus my blood pressure was 126/94. The 94 is kinda scary, so my dr sent me over to the hospital to be monitored, knowing that with my birthday this weekend I'd probably not stay down! So she wanted to be sure I was okay. So off to Labor and Delivery I went, with my family right along side me!

I got to L&D and was put on the monitors. My blood pressure was 138/98 and for a while it stuck around this number. We drew labs to monitor the Pre-Eclampsia again. (which by the way, they were normal last week!!!) There was no protein in my urine (not suprising to me since with our first, the protein didn't show up until the very end of my pre-eclampsia adventure). After being monitored, my blood pressure did come down to 132/85 and my labs came back normal so they kicked me out!!! WAHOO!!!!!!! I'm 35 weeks 6 days and want to wait just a little longer to meet my sweet little girl. I do go back to visit my dr on Monday. I am supposed to stay down as much as possible though, meaning laying on my left side a lot.

So, just a little longer!!!!! I'm excited to get to the end, but it's been a fun experience to be pregnant longer this time. I feel like a first time mom again!

7 comments:

:) said...

So exciting! Well, not going into L and D, but being almost 36 weeks! Hope that you have a fabulous birthday!

Deters said...

Hey that's great news. I was thinking about you today being that it is the last day of April. So you did make it until May. That's great.

Carrie Snider said...

PHEW! 35w6d is SO awesome. I'm so glad that things are moving along so well. :)

Caitlin and Jared said...

We are so glad things are still going mostly well!

Gina Sims said...

Hurray!!!!! I am so glad that you made it to May!!! I know you will make it past your b-day on Sunday. I know that this little girl is strong willed & determined, she wants to have her own b-day too!!!! I am hoping you can get to 37 weeks 0 days at least!!!! Love you sweetheart!

Jenni said...

Wow!! Great news!

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Congrats on making it that far! I have never been to 35 weeks in a pregnancy yet. You go girl.